Thursday, February 19, 2015

Just a quick hello....

testing 1, 2, 3, is anybody out there!!!

 
**please do not believe the dates on the photos, olden days cameras lied about dates**


Sooo this is how the story began. Boy meets girl, takes girl home to meet the parents, gets married and has kiddos than BAMMM!!! Flies the little family of four straight to Hawaii... Thanks USAF :) Here we are 8 years later and wow life has been amazing, thank God! I just had to share those 8 year old pictures so Nana can see them :) Plus, who doesn't love old, but young pictures of themselves online!

Well like I said in the description I am planning on using this blog to share some stuff I love. Which is finding actual Pinterest recipes that ROCK my tastebud's socks off and of course the crafty, crafty projects :) also, please beware of lame-o pictures, grammar errors and a million ba-zillion over uses of smiley faces :) :) :) :)!!!! It's what I do when I am textually nervous :D. 

So to kick things off right I would like to share tonight's yummy meal. The hubby texted that he didn't eat lunch and was sooo hungry at like 3:30 and would be home at 5:30. I scramble to the trusted Pinterest and type in chicken and found this.... Taco Chicken Bowl Yes I know, it is a crockpot recipe, but never fear this will work in a pinch! All I did differently was I combined all my ingredients together in a pot to cook on the stove top, except leave the chicken out. I boiled my chicken before adding it to the yummy tacoish mixture. I know this sounds disgusting or at least it did to me as I have never boiled my chicken breast before, but it was awesome! 

How to boil chicken you ask.....

1. Place boneless chicken breast in a pan or pot.
2. Add enough water or chicken stock to cover the chicken breast, I used chicken stock.
3. This is optional, I added garlic and onion powder to the stock which is not needed, but I love those flavors.
4. Bring to boil at med-high heat and simmer for 20 minutes, 30 minutes if not boneless.
5. Shred your chicken on a plate and I would reserve that stock to use as the liquid in the rice.... Yummy flavor boost!

One you have the chicken shredded you can add it to the rest of the ingredients in the recipe and cook on stovetop until heated through or whenever everyone is ready to eat. I don't see a problem letting it cook longer and letting the flavors marry :) or is it merry? Lol

I wish I had taken a picture, but pictures definitely do not do this meal justice! So hats off to Beth over at Budget Bytes. I am sure I will be posting a lot more of her yummy recipes as my Pinterest non-fail recipes :) 

In speaking of Pinterest, feel free to follow me, My Pinterest World. I am kinda an addict over there. Can someone please point me in the direction of the nearest PAA meeting!! Get it? Pinterest Addicts Anonymous. Oh snap, did I forget to warn you guys of my lame humor attempts :) yea it'll happen, just let me think I'm funny. Ummm so yea I have too many boards, but one of which is my Go To Recipes board. It is where I put all the recipes that I actually liked, maybe you will too! If not, sorry!!

If you have made it this far, thank you so much for being a part of my first blog post! Yay! I am a busy mommy of two so hopefully my next one will be a lot sooner than later. 

Have an amazingly beautiful day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment